Why do I love pumpkin let me tell you the ways lol
when you think of pumpkins you think of pumpkin spice lattes and jack-o-lanters, or maybe even a costco pumpkin pie hahah come September I swear there all over the place !
But did you know the endless health benefits that pumpkins have? Your love the jelly, belly stupid round things even more after you read this 😛
1.Pumpkins are rich in fibre , one cup of puree pumpkin is more than two slices of whole grain bread , plus it keeps you filling fuller longer
2. Pumpkin is a low cal super star as well with less than 50 calories per serving
3. They come in all shapes and sizes just like people the reason why I love em the most ! That’s Mrs. cannon’s Kitchen fact lol
4.Pumpkins are packed in beta Carotene which converts to vitamin A in the body,perfect for Skin & optical health! One cup of pumpkin contains over 200 percent of most peoples recommended daily vitamin A intake!
5.Better Immunity ! A large dose or the P is a large dose of Vitamin A again which can help fight and ward off bacterial and fungal infections . Plus pumpkin is packed with 20 percent of the recommend vitamin C intake thus fighting off cold season have your pumpkin in hand
6. Don’t throw out the seeds! The seeds are packed with a variety of magnisum, protein, help fight free radicals , Zinc for immune support, Omega -3’s theses little babies have it all!
Now don’t even get me started on baking and cooking with pumpkin!!! So easy and non drying!!! No to forget flavor town city ! If you follow me you’ll know I love to create less guilt free treats with just as much flavor and taste as the original ones … Thus why I created the ever so popular
Mrs.Cannon’s PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
- 1 1/2 scoop Salted caramel Quattro protein
- 1/2 Cup vanilla Almond milk
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tbs. Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1 Starbucks instant coffee packs (original pike place flavor)
Makes a grande size latte, feel free to double the recipe for two 🙂 In small sauce pot bring water, almond milk and pumpkin to a simmer. Add in Quattro and cinnamon whisk everything together until blended. Serve with coconut whip cream if desired 🙂
For Grande size (including 4 tbsp. of coconut whip!! ) –
Cals -263 Carbs-21 Fats-6.2 Protein 31.1
Traditional Starbucks Grande PSL- Cals -380 Carbs- 52g Fats-14g Protein -14g!!!
I WIN 🙂
Exp mine is full of protein and packed with everything good for you ! So keep the spice save on the calories!
Now there are some items that I would choose to leave the pumpkin out of …. Really this is a thing ??? Like WOoooooooW